Fife: About 5 miles north and east of Leven, on minor roads north of A915 or east of A916, 1 mile north of Largo Law, at or near Baldastard.
Site of tower or old house, the location not certain. The place is marked on Blaeu’s map of the east part of Fife as ‘Baldasurd’, then on Adair’s map of the east part of Fife as ‘Baldastard’, where it is depicted in wooded policies.
This was a property of the church of St Andrews, but went to the Ireland family by 1659, then to the Lundies, and John Lundie of Baldastard is on record in 1689 and later. By 1817 the property had gone to the Steels.
(sites, places, clans, names, films, dates)
Book has been won
22 Edinburgh Road
Or use our contact form.