Fife: About 2.5 miles north of Glenrothes, on minor roads west of A92, at or near East Conland.
Site of tower or old house, the location not certain, possibly at East Conland. ‘Conlane’ is marked on Blaeu’s map of Fife, then ‘Conland’ on Adair’s map of the east part of Fife, then ‘Coanland’ on Ainslie’s map of Fife.
This was a property of the Lumsdens of Conland from the 14th century but passed to the Lundies, possibly by marriage, around the end of the 15th century. In 1681 the lands of Conland are mentioned in the raftification in favour of David Murray, Lord Stormont, but James White of Conland is on record in 1706.
22 Edinburgh Road
Or use our contact form.