Fife: About 2.5 miles west and south of St Andrews, on minor roads south of B939 or east of A915, at or near Denbrae.
Site of tower or old house. The place does not appear to be marked on Blaeu’s map of Fife, but is marked as ‘Dunbree’ on Adair’s map of the east part of Fife, where it is shown in wooded policies. A rectangular ruinous doocot has a panel with the date 1706.
Henry Balfour of Denbrae signed the Petition of the shire of Fife in 1701, as did James Preston of Denbrae.
There is, however, another Denbrae north of Cupar, also known as Nether Kedlock or Caithlock and was held by the Watsons in 1644. In the 19th century the property was held by the Wemyss family.
22 Edinburgh Road
Or use our contact form.