Fife: About 4.5 miles east and north of Leven, near A917, at or near Drumeldrie.
Site of tower or old house, the location not certain. The place is probably marked as ‘Drumalrik’ on Blaeu’s map of Fife, then as ‘Drumelri’ on Adair’s map of the east part of Fife, when a building in wooded policies is probably depicted.
The lands were a property of Sir William Bruce of Balcaskie in 1672, although the ratification does not mention a tower or a manor place. The property went to the Auchmuty (or Auchmutie) family by the middle of the 17th century when Margaret Auchmutie of Drumeldrie was married, and Daniel Auchmuty of Drumeldrie is on record in 1701.
22 Edinburgh Road
Or use our contact form.