Fife: About 2 miles north and west of Pittenweem, on minor road south of B9171, at or near Falside.
Site of tower or old house, the location of which is not certain. ‘Fosyd’ is marked on Blaeu’s map of the east part of Fife, then ‘Falsyde’ on Blaeu’s map of Fife, then ‘Fallside’ on Adair’s map of the east part of Fife, when the place is shown as a substantial building with gardens and wooded policies.
The lands were held by Pittenweem Priory in 1526. In 1612 Alexander Moncrieff of Falside, master falconer to James IV, had a ratification for the lands of Falside and Milton. Peter Hay of Falside is on record in 1663.
The farm is home to the St Andrews Farmhouse Cheese Company.
There is another Falside, to the south-east of Boarhills.
22 Edinburgh Road
Or use our contact form.