Fife: About 1.5 miles north-east of Cupar, on minor roads north of A91, at or near Foxton.
Site of tower or old house, the place marked as ‘Fookstoun’ on Blaeu’ map of the east part of Fife, then as ‘Foxtoun’ on Adair’s map of the east part of Fife.
Foxton House is a classical mansion of two storeys and a basement, dating from the early 19th century.
The property may have been held by the Ramsays around the beginning of the 16th century, then by the Airths by 1617 when George Airth of Foxtoun is on record. It appears to have gone to the Andersons, and George Anderson of Foxton is mentioned in a ratification for David Dewar of Muirton of 1685. John Malcolm of Foxton put his name to a petition of 1701.
22 Edinburgh Road
Or use our contact form.