Lothians: About 4.5 miles east of Edinburgh (Castle), on minor roads south of A199, east of A1, at or near Giberstoun.
Site of tower or old house, although the place is not marked on old maps.
The lands were held by the Suffach family in around 1200, then by the Ogilvies, but went to the Crichtons by the beginning of the 15th century (also see Brunstane House). A manor place is mentioned in 1542, and the Crichtons were still in possession in the 16th century. The property passed to the Maitlands of Lauderdale.
22 Edinburgh Road
Or use our contact form.