Fife: About 3 miles north and west of Cupar, on minor roads south of A92, 1.5 miles south of Rathillet, at or near Hillciarnie.
Site of tower or old house, the place marked on Adair’s map of the east part of Fife as ‘Hillcairny’.
Robert Ross of Invernethie had a ratification for half the lands of Hillciarnie, with the manor place, dovecot, yards, orchards etc in 1672, and Patrick Ross of Hillcairnie is mentioned in 1704. The family appears to still have been in possession at the beginning of the 19th century.
22 Edinburgh Road
Or use our contact form.