Fife: About 3.0 miles west and north of St Andrews, on minor roads south of A91, 1 mile south-ast of Guardbridge, at or near Kincaple.
Site of tower or old house, the property marked as ‘Kinkarke’ on Blaeu’s map of the east part of Fife, then ‘Keancaple’ on Adair’s map of the east part of Fife, although given no prominence. The lands were divided at an early date.
Kincaple House, a large sprawling mansion of three storeys, dates from 1789 but with large later additions.
Part of Kincaple was held by the Lentron family in the 17th century, and Robert Lentron was Provost of St Andrews in 1672. Robert Lentron of Kincaple added his name to Petition of the shire of Fife in 1701. This portion of the lands became known as Letrons Kincaple, and passed to the Meldrums, and they built the house and held the property in the 19th century. The house has been divided into flats.
(sites, places, clans, names, films, dates)
Book has been won
22 Edinburgh Road
Or use our contact form.